Monday, November 3, 2014

That Moment When They Dismissed Your Works Like It's Nothing...



I know the title is too dramatic, but it's just so tempting...

I'm ashamed to say that I only realized a few days ago that my Mediafire account (which holds all my PDFs) got banned. In fact, if it weren't for my random browsing on B-T Forum, I might never realize until god knows when. Why does no one told me...

I highly suspect the cause of this ban is indiscriminate copyright enforcement, since I don't have any copyrighted material in my account aside from Zaregoto in which the publisher is dead already. This is the second time this kind of unreasonable thing happened to my account since they removed my Kokoro Connect PDFs (also due to copyright, although I don't have a clue which). I said "suspect" because they didn't actually give any information on why my account is banned, which is really puzzling to me because that would mean the account's holder can't send an effective counterclaim (not that I would send it anyway, too much bother). Transparency is still a pipe dream it seems. And speaking of copyright, we really need a reform...

Well, it's not like I never imagined this scenario would happen. But it's still kinda sad letting those PDFs disappeared along with their "encouraging" statistic (a few hundred thousand downloads cumulatively, IIRC).

For now, I will switch to Mega because of its ease of use. In case anyone wondering, yes, I'll re-upload all my PDFs, albeit slowly :)

2 comments:

  1. Can you please update all the pdf as well when you put them on Mega? Particularly the A Simple Monitoring file.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you still have File LN Mahouka Koukou from Volume 1?
    i want to read it

    ReplyDelete